This book is an attempt to retain the status of teaching English in India. The chapters incorporated include aims of teaching English, development of LSRW Skills, Methodology in the teaching of English, Teaching of different aspects, Evaluation and the use of Audio-Visual aids in the teaching of English. Besides, keeping in mind the latest syllabus prescribed by Tamilnadu Teachers Education University, certain practical approaches have also been included such as mini lessons, lesson plans according to the methods and approaches which will be benefit for the pre-service and in-service teachers.
The present book is keeping in view of the following objectives which will be attained by the student teachers after the course completion.
– Understand the aims and objectives of teaching English.
– Formulate instructional objectives for a lesson.
– Gain mastery of the teaching skills.
– Apply various methods in teaching English.
– Use various resources in teaching English.
This book will be helpful for the student teachers and Teacher Educators. This book highlights the principles of mini and macro teaching with suitable lesson plans.